Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mom's Siren Song Socks - Finished At Last!


It's truly a momentous occasion - I have officially completed my first pair of socks! The reason it is so momentous is because it's actually technically the second time I completed them. The first time they were too big - and of course I knit the second sock before realizing this. It was hard, but I frogged them and started all over again. These socks were for mom's birthday (which was in April, but I didn't even start them the first time until late June). As much as I like for things to be finished and done with, I also like them to be as perfect as I can possibly make them at a particular point in time. So, I frogged. And now they fit her feet, so I am happy. I actually finished them Monday night, but didn't get around to posting about them until now.

Here are the specifics:

Yarn - Socks that Rock in Siren Song
Needles - size 1 for the foot and size 2 for the leg
Method - 4 DPN's (a pain in the neck sometimes)
Pattern - Beaded Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks


You may notice the colors are a bit....not the same. That's because when I was at the shop in Oregon when I was there (can't remember the name) they had only these two skeins left in this colorway and, to be honest, it didn't even cross my mind to check if they were the same dye lot (they aren't). Mom likes them anyway, and that's all that matters.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine frogging whole socks!! They look great :-)

8/18/2006 7:15 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Those came out great!

8/18/2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger thinggtwoo said...

Beautiful Job!!

8/18/2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home