Sunday, August 27, 2006

Rainy Day

I like the rain, actually. I find it very calming. I particularly enjoy thunder storms (as long as I am indoors) - although the dog doesn't. So, it's mid-morning on Sunday and it's cold and rainy - wonderful knitting weather, although I still have soooo much packing to do - I leave for Florida in 5 days. So, I'm going to split my time between knitting and packing today - and I MUST practice piccolo also. It's been about a week since I last touched the piccolo (I have been practicing flute here and there) and I really need to keep in shape since my job starts soon and everything. It's hard to find a balance when you also have to pack up everything you own - the priority list shifts a bit.

Oh, goodness... it's almost 11:30 and I'm still in my pj's. The plan for today is that I'm going to finish the toe on Jaywalker sock #1 (see - I didn't even come close to the Aug. 25th deadline for BOTH socks!) After hearing from the one person who left me a comment and also discussing with my mom, I decided to just continue making the socks for myself rather than ripping anything out. I'll make Stephanie a pair for Christmas. Though now I feel guilty because she and my brother returned from Germany last night and gave me a beautiful pearl necklace. It's very unique, and perfect to wear for my orchestra concerts. It has 3 layers of pearls stranded through semi-sheer black ribbon - it's GORGEOUS! I must say that I was particularly impressed that my brother helped to pick out suh an amazing souvenir for me/birthday present. I can't wait to wear it. Anyway, time to get in the shower and start my day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home