Sunday, August 27, 2006

Audrey Hepburn and Jaywalking

My day didn't exactly go as planned (read: I didn't pack a damn thing.) Instead, I sat down with Maggie, my lunch and Jaywalker sock #1 and watched the Audrey Hepburn movie on TV with Jennifer Love Hewitt. I had no idea it was 3 hours long, but I really enjoyed it - and, I did actually finish Jaywalker #1! So, something went as planned. Actually, I did get a lot accomplished today, just not when it comes to packing. I'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to packing, even if it's just for a long weekend. I did practice a bunch today - flute and piccolo. According to my practice journal I have neglected the piccolo for just about 2 weeks...13 days - shame on me! That really is bad of me. But I am still in pretty good shape and I still have a few weeks until the job starts, so I think I'll be okay.

I've figured out how to add links to my blog (go me!), so I'll add these gradually, but there's at least a few up there to get started. Now I'm going to sit down in front of Law and Order: Criminal Intent and knit some Mason-Dixon dishcloths to match the new Fiestaware I got for my apartment. My Fiestaware colors are plum, turquoise and cobalt blue. It was really tricky finding a color combination I was happy with - two colors isn't special enough, but any more than three and there's not really a color scheme anymore - too much can kill a good thing. I'm definitely reverting to life as a 4 year old when everything HAD to be purple. I hear purple is in for Fall '06...

Anyway, time to knit some dishcloths.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home