Thursday, October 05, 2006

Secret Pal 9 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love sock yarn - the only type of yarn I absolutely cannot stand is acrylic.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a lovely handmade case made from fabric that rolls up.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for a year and a half and consider myself to knit at an intermediate level. I am not afraid to try something which may seem a little over my head. If I want to make something badly enough I will figure out how to do it.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not at the moment.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Anything fruity or smelling like baked goods, like cookies or chocolate or something like that.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate and cheesecake are favorites - don't really have a favorite candy, though I like it.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I have enjoyed making soap and gel candles, but I mostly stick to knitting. I do not spin, though I would love to learn how someday.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) This is a hard question....I am a professional classical musician, so I obviouly love classical music. But I also like a lot of other types....I just don't listen to the radio much. I like some hip-hop/R&B, and am not particularly fond of country.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love most colors as long as they are saturated. Definitely love blues, greens, purples, pinks, but also love fall colors. I'm not fond of colors that look as if someone or something got sick.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm 28 and live alone with my kitten.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Well, I just moved to Orlando, so not really, though I need them when I visit my family in NY. I definitely do not wear ponchos. I try to be pretty fashionable and ponchos are definitely not in so much anymore.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks and items for the home since I am trying to decorate a new apartment.

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks and a stuffed dinosaur for my cousin's new baby.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I use all types of needles depending on the project. Prefer bamboo most of the time.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Not yet, but would love to.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? A little over a year.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn (obviously). Flute-related things, like figurines or something, and I like cows, but tend to limit the cows to the kitchen.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I currently subscribe to the Vogue stuff. I basically am always trying to acquire Socks that Rock and Vesper self-striping yarns.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Making two socks at once and spinning.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, and I wear a size 5 and a half.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) September 5th.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shelby said...

Thanks for posting your answers! I'm looking forward to a great SP9!!

10/10/2006 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home