Sunday, January 21, 2007

a trip to the frog pond :(

I had to frog my dad's hat. Yesterday. I didn't want to do it. I tried rescuing the stitches halfway through, but my efforts failed me. It's completely frogged. I messed up (terribly) on the decreases. I tried to knit when I was too sleepy and ended up with a big mess that I couldn't even figure out. So last night I cast on once again and knit my set up row. But this time it was a wonderful experience. See, I have this really ugly light that came free with a vaccuum cleaner my parents gave me when I moved into my apartment. But the lamp is so ugly, so I just let it sit in the box. But the lighting in my apartment, particularly my living room which is, of course, where I like to do my knitting, is terrible. The yarn I am using for this hat is olive green and brown, so it is hard to tell the colors apart at times. So my BF dug out the lamp and put it together, and it's one of these Verilux lamps with more natural light, and the difference in clarity is amazing. I love it. Now I'm trying to figure out a way to make it suit my apartment better. I think everyone who knits should have a nice light to work under. It makes a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home